Monday 30 January 2017

December/January Favourites 16/17

I wanted to call this post 'December and January Favourites' purely because I didn't upload a 'December Favourites' because it's the time of the year, where I post a yearly favourites. I didn't want to miss the month completely, because  in December I did find some amazing products, and I still wanted to share them with you. I do actually have more favourites for December, because I feel like December a lot happened, a lot came out and I just got caught up in all the Christmas spirit. January for me, is a stationary month, quite boring and I just have to sort my life out and clean.


The Body Shop Spiced Apple Shower Gel
I was obsessed with this scent in December, I used it everyday, EVERYDAY in December, Obsessed. It's just Christmas in a bottle. I still have a little bit left, but I don't want to use it because I know its limited edition (I THINK?!) for Christmas.


The Body Shop Spiced Apple Hand Cream
From the same range as the previous shower gel. So as well as the scent being amazing, the actual hand cream is insane. It doesn't take ages to dry, it just soaks in lovely, leaves that amazing scent and really helps to nourish my hands. I did actually go back and buy more of the hand creams in other scents. Highly recommend those.


Clinique Sonic Brush (MORE INDEPTH REVIEW COMING SOON)
I did give myself quite a big Christmas present, a few weeks before Christmas. Which I haven't really spoken or mentioned until now. But I'm not going to say too much, other than I love it, it has changed my daily routine and I'm not sure how I ever cleansed my skin without this brush. My family and friends laugh at me, because I literally don't go anywhere without this brush. My boyfriend hates it. BUT I used it on him yesterday, and now I think he' s converted. But a full review will be up in a few weeks, once I've had it a bit longer.


Urban Decay NAKED Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette
I received this as a Christmas present from my parents, if I'm honest it was on my list. They would be 'parent goals' if they knew I actually wanted this. But I am so happy and grateful that I received this. I have the original palette from Urban Decay and love it, so I knew I would love this palette. Its all matte, apart from the shade blow, which has a slight shimmer in with my eye sight. The shades I have been using the most are nude, commando and tempted. I've been running those in the crease of my eye as my transition colour.


MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
For the whole of the winter period this has been my go to foundation. I would say 99.9% off the time, this foundation is the one thats been on my face. I absolutely love it, its a full coverage foundation, with a matte finish. I'm sure you would of read about my raving about this before. Its just a brilliant foundation. I am the shade NC15 for your reference.


Clinique Contouring Stick
With Christmas and New Year, I have been going out more, going for more drinks and meals and just generally dressing up a little bit more than I do on my average Saturday night. Therefore, I have been wearing a bit more makeup, so I have been using my Clinique contour stick, in the standard shade. Its such a lovely formula, its very creamy and blendable, I either use my Louise Young LY30 brush or  a Real Techniques Complexion sponge to blend it in. It creates a natural contour, or you can really build it up for something a bit more intense.


Gingerbread Latte Instant coffee drinks
Winter time is that time of the year where you just want a nice hot drink. I have been using the Nescafe Gingerbread latte instant drinks. These are just perfect for me, I really stocked up on them in December because I knew they would be a limited edition for the Christmas time. All I do is put the powder in a cup, add hot water and stir, then you leave it for around 30/45 seconds and stir again and it goes all creamy and tasty. SIDE NOTE - Costa Honeycomb lattes were just my addiction when I was Christmas shopping. 

 Bondi Sands Gradual Tan
In January, I don't know if you are the same as me, but I just feel a bit down and gloomy. Christmas is over, we've got the Christmas blues and you just want to get out of the cold weather and feel a bit more glowy, but you don't want to make too much effort. So this is where I have been using Bondi, their gradual tan, this is just fab. I apply it all over the top part of my body and let it sink in over night and then I wake up in the morning and I'm a lot more tanned. But it's not like fake tan, its just a gradual healthy glow. Its got the most insane coconut smell as well, its gorgeous.

Barbour jacket
My main present for Christmas was a Barbour jacket off my parents and boyfriend. I literally haven't taken it off this month. I wear it every time I leave the house. It keeps me super warm, its very stylish and I don't think it will go out of fashion. It's a very timeless piece. I got the classic olive green Beadnell wax Barbour jacket. It's got two studded vents at the back, two normal front pockets and then above those front pockets are slanted pockets which are just the most useful pockets ever! Love, love, love! 

Cowshed shampoo and conditioner
I have been using a new shampoo and conditioner from Cowshed in January, I picked it up in T.K.Maxx which if you didn't know if fab for getting great finds in the beauty section. They do loads of different brands, like Cowshed, Bed head and bumble and bumble. This is a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Its got lavender in, so its great to use at night so it relaxes you before you sleep. The conditioner can be used as a normal conditioner, or it can be used as a treatment if you leave it on longer. Personally I wash my hair, apply the conditioner, leave it on whilst I cleanse my face and body then rinse.


I feel like this is the most favourites I have ever wrote about before in a post, but it was two months in one. So what do you expect? Hope you had a fabulous first month to 2017, and we've only got 11 more, until 2018... haha, sorry, it had to be done. 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig