Wednesday 22 April 2015

No7 Beautiful Skin

I am not one to be big into skincare.. I know what you are all thinking! Is she stupid? haha, I might be. I just prefer putting makeup on and experimenting with makeup. 

I like simple, simplistic skincare. Skincare that says what skin type its for, tells me when to use it and has packaging that is easy for me to follow. For example, I love No7 skincare! Mainly for all the reasons above, but the main reason is because it suits me and gets on with my skin. 

I have Oily/Normal skin. No7 have different colours for each skin type. As you can see from the pictures further down, the Normal/Oily is in the white and green packaging - I absolutely love this!! Simple, easy to read and looks and feels like it is a high quality product. If you have dry skin/normal - the packaging is purple and white. 
     However if you have really dry skin the packaging is a deeper purple, almost blue colour. 

Firstly, the foaming cleanser, I don't usually like foaming cleansers, for the reason that they don't seem to clean my skin or do anything for me. However this one, I love!! All I do, is pump out 2 or 3 pumps of this, apply it to my face (I'm usually in the shower - so my face is already wet) massage it in for a few seconds and then rinse it away. It looks like a liquid in the bottle, however it does come out a foam. As soon as you pump some product out, you get the most gorgeous smell which reminds me of sun-cream. This smell is throughout all of the products in this brand. The foaming cleanser takes away any shine you may have, helps to get rid of impurities and removes makeup as well (if you are using it at night). I use this product when I wake up and just before I go to sleep. 

 Moving on the day cream.. when I found this, I haven't stopped using it! Every day, after I've cleansed using the No7 Foaming cleanser I pop some of the day cream on, this is my moisturizer. You don't need much of this day cream, just a pea sized amount. I didn't like the thought of this day cream at first, because other day creams/moistuisers I have tried tailoured for oily skin have made my skin way too matte. I like to take away the shine on my face and prevent oilyness, not completely mattify my skin. The reason behind this is because, I want my skin to still have the look of life in it, not make it completely matte and dull. However, this day cream does exactly what I wished for. It sinks in straight away to my skin, and leaves a perfect base for my makeup. 

The next product it actually my favorite one of the four. It was the first of the bunch that I purchased also, it is the purifying exfoliator. The reason why I purchased this in the first place was because as I said at the start of this  very loooong blog I am not greatly into skincare, well I wanted to change this.. Before this beaut of a product came into my life, I rarely did exfoliate. I used to use a face wash, a moisturizer and then occasionally a face mask. Therefore an exfoliator was exactly what I was looking for, however I have very sensitive skin, so I needed one that wasn't too harsh on my skin. This No7 one gets into my pores and completely unblocks them. I literally can't explain the feeling of this after I've used it.. it works a treat! My skin feels so smooth afterwards. I only use it once or  twice a week depending on how my skin is feeling. You shouldn't exfoliate every day, because it would be waaay to harsh on your skin, even if you had mature skin. Once or twice a week is plenty. The way I use this product is after I've cleansed using the foaming cleanser, I avoid the eye area completely with this product. I spend around 30 seconds rubbing it into my skin, then I wash away with warm water. 

The last product from this range that I use is the purifying mask. Again, like the exfoliatar I only use this one once or twice a week depending on how my skin is feeling and looking. The main reason why I'm in love with this product is because I am a glasses wearer.. and anyone else who is will know that when using a face mask, you have to be blind for 10-15 minutes! When I put a normal packet mask onto my face, yes its great for my skin. But I can't put my glasses on top of it because all the face mask gets onto it and its just one great big mess :(. The No7 one only needs to be on your face for 1-2 minutes, so super duper quick! I sometimes use this one in the shower. Another great fact about this one, is its a thermal face mask - therefore it heats up when its in contact with water to open up pores and draw out impurities. As you rinse it away it tightens up your pores to leave your skin feeling refreshed and healthy looking. 






The No7 products that I have just mentioned would be great for blemish prone skin, or just oily skin like myself. I hope this was helpful to anyone reading. Hope you are all having a great day!!
Love, Helen xx
 

SHARE:

2 comments

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig