Wednesday 8 March 2017

Life in Liverpool

In my February Favourites I mentioned that I was having a bit of a shitty month. So I basically took the plunge and decided to go and see one of my close friends at Uni. Her uni is in Liverpool, so I was super excited to visit the city and see her too! I have never been to Liverpool before and if I'm honest I didn't really know anything about the city. But here is a few things I've learnt and that I've done whilst being here... (also, a few cheeky pics, but way too much eating and drinking). I was practically a student for a few days...


It might sound so stupid and strange to some people but going to Liverpool actually made me feel really proud of myself. I am from a small city called Hereford, and I've always had people in my life to help me, and I've always travelled with someone else, never alone. Going to Liverpool on the train took me nearly 3 hours, with one change. Changing on the train really did seem like such a daunting challenge, but really I've learnt it's not. People travel on trains and public transport all the time, everyday, so it's a very normal thing to do. But for me, it did scare me, so I was proud when I arrived in Liverpool Lime Street Station. Might of had a cheeky Pret on arrival...


Being in a city where I didn't know anything, I didn't really know where I was going, and I only really knew a handful of people through my friend at Uni. She was studying hard whilst I was there, not all the time, but some of it. So I did have to have a little shopping trip by myself, which I did really enjoy, it was nice just clearing my head and having some retail therapy. Liverpool is seriously good for shopping.



My favourite night of the time I was there, was actually our night out. It was so fun, just letting my hair down and not really caring about anything in the world. I do love a night out as it is, but I rarely go because I do get bored of the same thing over and over. Plus, I am a pizza night in kinda gal... But this night out was really amazing! We went out for a few hours, had maybe one to many drinks OOPS and then got some chips and chicken nuggets to finish (the best bit?!). I can't say the morning after was as great as the night out... I may of woken up at 7:30am and had a little incident with a bucket and my friend holding my hair back, but speak no more. Probably wasn't my finest moment, especially having a 3 hour train journey feeling hungover...



I really did enjoy the trip though, it was really nice getting away for a few days. Exploring different things, seeing how other people live and just letting my hair down. If you are having a hard time in your life, I really would recommend getting away, visiting family or friends and just living in a different environment for a while. Thanks to Jen for having me too, you are an absolute babe.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig